The fourth gvSIG 2.3 Release Candidate (gvSIG 2.3 RC4) is now available.
We encourage you to test it and send us any errors and suggestions in the users mailing list.
It includes several new features from the previous release candidate distributions. The main ones are related to 3D Views or LiDAR data, and a distribution for MAC OS X.
All the novelties of this version are:
- PRJ format (projections) reading and writing
- Dynamic segmentation/Linear Reference System (LRS)
- New editing tools: change sense, curve to polyline, parallel
- Add layer to locator from Table of Contents
- Scripting improvements
- R support
- PostGIS improvements
- CSW 2.0.2 support
- New formats support through GDAL/OGR
- Usability improvements
- Language update
- New installer compatible with 64 bits
- Windows 64 bits distribution available
- Distributions automatic generator
- Debian packages automatic generator
- Portable version for Mac
- Access to Google Maps
- Access to Bing Maps
- Access to Google Street View
- New OSM servers (Stamen)
- LiDAR data support (.las)
- CSV wizard
- 3D Views:
- 2D to 3D views reprojection support
- Vector data support in 3D views
- 3D animations
- Cadastre browser (Spain)
- New INSPIRE symbol library
- Geoprocess to detect buildings from LiDAR data and height differences detection
In an arquitecture level:
- Access to raster files through GDAL
- Projection support through GDAL
- Multi-geometry support
- Groovy version updated
You can download this version from the gvSIG website.
Thanks for your collaboration!