As in past years, gvSIG will have the honour to take part on the Google Summer of Code as part of the OSGeo Foundation projects, so this is the kind of mail I love to send to mailing lists (who don’t love to give good news??)
I’m proud to announce that four of the five proposals presented for the gvSIG project have been accepted at the Google Summer of Code program (filter by title “gvSIG”). I want to thank also Raul Broseta, our only non accepted student for his effort. I hope you will continue participating on the gvSIG community.
Our accepted proposals are:
- Adding GPS survey capabilities to gvSIG Mini and shapefile driver
- Student: Carlos Sánchez Periñán
- Mentor: Alberto Romeu
- Solver for the TSP and VRP for gvSIG Desktop
- Student: David Pinheiro
- Mentor: Fran Peñarrubia
- Add tests and educational games support to gvSIG Educa/Batoví
- Student: Nadal Francisco
- Mentor: César Ordiñana
- gvSIG Desktop plugin for change detection from multi-temporal sequence of satellite images using principal component analysis
- Student: Sergio Izquierdo
- Mentor: Nacho Brodin
Good luck students and mentors, we hope to have a lot of feedback on progress at lists/blogs/whatever, have a great summer!!
Do you think it would be worth to ask a few questions to our students and post them here so they can present themselves to the broader community?
I do love the way you have framed this issue plus