At the last day of the 11th International gvSIG Conference you will be able to participate in a workshop, where the main gvSIG new features that have been included during this year will be reviewed (they are a lot!!).
During the workshop we will review all these novelties through practical exercises. The exercises will allow attendees to learn about:
- The new editing tools, where we will see the new editing extension possibilities as well as other tools like the attribute editor.
- 3D Views. We will learn to use and configure the properties of the new 3D Views, spherical and plain ones.
- Symbology and labelling. We will see the symbology and labelling by scales, the latest types of legend that have been included in gvSIG, and the advanced labelling.
- Hyperlink. We will review the possibilities of the hyperlink tool in gvSIG.
- Symbol libraries. Some of the last symbol libraries will be installed, that we will use for representing our data.
- Map design. We will work with the new layout document, where the Table of contents is included, and it allows to define the grid in a better way.
- Derived geometries. We will generate a polygon layer from a data file obtained from a GPS, through the derived geometries tool.
- We will import MsExcel spreadsheets to our projects.
- We will review the possibilities of the new Table properties.
- We will work with the unified geoprocessing frame.
It won’t be necessary to know gvSIG previously, and we will start the workshop with a small “quickstart” exercise on gvSIG.
All the workshops are free of charge, like the other activities of the conference, and you only have to be registered from this link: