If you need to learn about gvSIG through a complete and didactics series of videos… you are lucky.
At this post I wanted to reffer to the EdugvSIG Youtube channel, created by Jesús Palomar Vázquez and Merche Navarro, from the Department of Cartographic, Geodetic Engineering and Photogrammetry at the Polytechnic University of Valencia. It is a channel dedicated to show, step by step, through practical exercises, the main functionalities of gvSIG.
All the videos have Spanish audio and they are subtitled in English as well as in Spanish.
Besides dozens of videos, the data to do the exercises are available too. These data can be downloaded from here.
Here you have the list of videos:
- VT1. Add layer.
- VT2. Add WMS Service.
- VT3. Use Web Map Context.
- VT4. Add a WFS.
- VT5. Add WCS Service.
- VT6. Add WMTS Service.
- VT7. Añadir OSM (Open Street Map) Service.
- VT8. Add layer of events.
- VT9. Navigation by the view.
- VT10. Visualization from range of scales.
- VT11. Layer Symbology.
- VT12. Symbols libraries.
- VT13. Advanced symbology .
- VT14. Labelling layers.
- VT15. Creating hyperlinks.
- VT16. Graphical query tools.
- VT17. Selection tools.
- VT18. Graphical editing tools.
- VT19. Geoprocessing.
- VT20. Georeferencing .
- VT21. Working with raster layers I .
- VT22. Working with raster layers II .
- VT23. Table tools: Joining tables .
- VT24. Table tools: Linking tables .
- VT25. Filter by attribute query. .
- VT26. Field calculator .
- VT27. Document Map.
- VT28. From Excel to gvSIG .
- VT29. Addons manager.
- VT30. Scripting.