GDAL was included in gvSIG 2.3.1 version as library for raster information accessing and projections, which added new formats to be loaded in gvSIG too, both vector and raster ones. Including this library for projections, the reprojection using transformation, including grids stopped working.
This problem has been fixed already through a plugin that can be installed on this version.
For that you have to follow these steps:
- Access to the Add-ons manager (from the Tools menu).
- Mark the “Installation from URL” option.
- Select “Testing gvSIG repository – http://downloads.gvsig.org/download/gvsig-desktop-testing/” server and press “Next”.
- At the list of add-ons we will look for “CRS: CRS management (GDAL/Geotools based, Native)”, build 2.1.60-2115. We will mark it and we press “Next”.
- We will press “Start download” and once it’s downloaded we press “Finish”.
- Finally we restart gvSIG and it will be available.
At this way we will be able to reproject our layers using transformations, applying grids too.
Pingback: Reprojection with transformation has been fixed for gvSIG 2.3.1 – GeoNe.ws