During the 3rd gvSIG Festival there has been a practical presentation about how to work with gvSIG Mobile, the open source GIS for field data gathering, and its integration with gvSIG Desktop, the open source GIS that allows an advance editing, analysis, geoprocessing…
gvSIG Mobile can be installed from Google Play Store.
During the presentation we have shown the different tools that are available in this interesting application, and how to import/export data from/to gvSIG Desktop. We also explained how to install the plugin available for gvSIG Desktop to manage gvSIG Mobile cartography.
Here you have a direct link to the different tools that have been shown during the video:
- Plugin for gvSIG Mobile and gvSIG Desktop integration.
- Tiles importing from gvSIG Desktop to gvSIG Mobile.
- Bookmarks importing in gvSIG Mobile.
- Creating forms (manually) and mapping elements on gvSIG Mobile.
- Exporting vector data from gvSIG Desktop to gvSIG Mobile (through Spatialite) and editing.
- Loading WMS servers.
And here you have the complete video:
If you have any doubt or problem with the applications you can use the mailing lists.