The certification of the course about Geographic Information Systems applied to municipality management is now available.
This certification period is opened after the publishing of the last modules of the course, but it will be open continuously, so that any user can get it at any moment when they finish the different modules.
To get this certification, a complete exercise must be completed, which includes some of the contents given during the course. Likewise, you must have at least 7 of the 10 existing activities correctly.
The exercise will validate the knowledge acquired during the course and will be evaluated by a tutor.
Apart from the delivery and passing grade of the exercise, the certification will have a minimum cost, necessary to cover the expenses related to the evaluation and certification. This cost will be € 30.
The certification will be issued by the gvSIG Association, and it will consist of two certificates:
- Course completion certificate, which will include all the information related to the training contents acquired.
- Official gvSIG User certificate, having completed the 90 credits necessary for this, and which gives the right to get the gvSIG Expert User certificate, passing the credits necessary for its validation, through the courses offered by the gvSIG Association.
The dedication time of the course is about 90 hours.
The exercise to be completed and the cartography to be used can be downloaded from the following link:
The steps to follow to send the exercise, as well as to make the payment in order to get the two certificates are explained in the first section of the practical exercise in detail.
If you haven’t taken the course yet, you can follow the different modules from the following links:
- Module 1: Differences between GIS and CAD
- Module 2: Introduction to reference systems
- Module 3: Views, layers, symbology, labelling
- Module 4.1: Attribute tables (alphanumeric information)
- Module 4.2: Attribute tables (joining tables)
- Module 5.1: Web services (Introduction to SDI)
- Module 5.2: Web services (Loading web services from gvSIG)
- Module 5.3: Web services (Non-standard services)
- Module 6: Add-ons manager
- Module 7.1: Editing (new layers, graphical and alphanumeric editing)
- Module 7.2: Editing (Derivative geometries)
- Module 8.1: Creation of point layers from tables (Geocoding: Points from a table with addresses)
- Module 8.2: Creation of point layers from tables (Event layers)
- Module 9: Hyperlink
- Module 10: How to convert cartography from CAD to GIS
- Module 11: Reprojecting vector layers
- Module 12: Geoprocessing
- Module 13: Layouts
- Module 14: Image georeferencing
- Module 15: gvSIG 3D
- Module 16.1: gvSIG Online (Publishing cartography, advanced editing…)
- Module 16.2: gvSIG Online (Basic editing, hyperlink…)
- Module 16.3: gvSIG Online (Connection with gvSIG Mobile and enumerations)
- Module 17: gvSIG Mobile (Connection with gvSIG Desktop)