We finish this free GIS course with the tenth module, where we show you how to work with Digital Elevation Models.
Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) are raster files with elevation data for each raster cell. DEMs are popular for calculations, manipulations and further analysis of an area, and more specifically analysis based on the elevation.
To follow the course you need:
- gvSIG Desktop, that you can download here: http://www.gvsig.com/en/products/gvsig-desktop/downloads
- Data used in the exercises, available from: http://downloads.gvsig.org/download/documents/learning/gvsig-courses/cartography/Raster_data.zip
10.1 DEM analysis in gvSIG
10.2 DEM derived data
10.3 DEM Visibility
Enjoy and spread gvSIG Desktop!
Giuliano Ramat made this course in the framework of a collaboration between the gvSIG Association and GISMAP
- Module 1: Introduction to GIS
- Module 2: Working with Views
- Module 3: Working with Tables
- Module 4: Working with Maps
- Module 5: Creating and Editing vectorial layers
- Module 6: Geoprocessing
- Module 7: Raster GIS. Working with Raster Data
- Module 8: Vegetation index and unsupervised classification
- Module 9: Raster reclassification and raster calculator