The certification of the course about Geographic Information Systems applied to archaeology is now available (this course is also available in Spanish).
This certification starts after publishing the seven modules that form the course, but it will continue open continuously, so that any user can get it at any moment when the modules are finished.
In addition, if you want to get the certification of the course, that is optional, a complete exercise must be completed, which includes some of the contents shown during the course. Likewise, you must have at least 6 of the 9 existing activities correctly, which will validate the knowledge acquired during the course and will be evaluated by a tutor.
Apart from the delivery and passing exercise successfully, the certification will have a minimum cost, necessary to cover the expenses related to the evaluation and certification. This cost will be € 25.
The certification will be issued by the gvSIG Association, and will include the Course completion certificate.
The exercise and the cartography to be used at this practical exercise can be downloaded from the following links:
In the first section of the practical exercise the steps to follow to send it are explained in detail, as well as how to make the payment.
The course is composed of the following modules:
- Module 1: Preparation of an archaeological project
- Module 2: Digitalizing prospection areas
- Module 3: Analysis of prospection results: Vector geoprocessing
- Module 4: Working with historical maps: Georeferencing images
- Module 5: Territorial analysis of archaeological sites: Raster geoprocessing and Digital Elevation Models
- Module 6: Hydrological analysis to locate archaeological material or sites
- Module 7: Graphical output of an archaeological project: Layouts