The second release candidate (RC2) of the new gvSIG Desktop 2.5 version is now available to download.
This version can be downloaded from the development versions section of the project website.
The novelties included in this version are multiple, from new functionalities to performance and stability improvements. Many of them can be consulted already in the different posts that are being published on the blog, such as:
- Project backup
- New column manager
- Quick access to snapping tools
- Aoristic Clock by grid
- Aoristic Clock
- Listing layers at TOC
- New OSM map servers
- Ring Map
- Grid by point density
- Fields importer
- Improvements at geoprocessing framework
- Report by point
- Virtual fields
- Saving and loading labelling
- New improved image viewer
- Plugin to convert a 2D vector layer to 3D from a DEM
- “Indigenous mapping” symbol library
We will continue publishing more posts about the rest of the novelties during the next weeks.
We hope you will communicate the errors that you detect through the user mailing lists to be fixed.